CRST International, Inc. Acquires NAL Group
March 02, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE For Questions: Please contact – CRST Media Requests firstname.lastname@example.org CRST International, Inc. Acquires NAL Group CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, (March 2, 2020) – CRST International, Inc., one of the largest privately held transportation companies in the United States, today announced the acquisition of privately-held NAL Group, headquartered in Edison, NJ. Privately-held NAL Group is an industry leading final mile logistics company, servicing the U.S. and Canada. NAL Group specializes in warehousing services, home delivery of big and bulky consumer durables, complex in-home installation and assembly services, and express courier services. NAL Group’s customers are predominately high-profile retailers, most notably delivering, installing and/or assembling items such as furniture, appliances, exercise equipment and electronics. The company services the United States and Canada.
Matt Riordan (left), previous president and CEO of NAL Group, who will continue overseeing sales and operations for CRST’s NAL Group operating company is pictured with Hugh Ekberg (right), president and CEO of CRST International.About CRST International, Inc. Cedar Rapids, Iowa–based CRST International, Inc. is one of the largest privately held transportation companies in the United States. CRST provides a broad array of transportation solutions, including team expedited, flatbed, dedicated services, truckload capacity solutions, transportation management, high-value product white-glove services and big and bulky home delivery. For more information, visit www.crst.com or call (800) 736-CRST (2778).
CRST Expedited Inc. Honors 17 Drivers for Safely Driving 1 Million-Plus Miles
November 05, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: CRST Media Relations Team (800) 736-2778 email@example.com Gilbert Weekley, a 32-year veteran CRST driver, achieves 4 million miles of accident-free driving CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – CRST Expedited Inc., the largest operating company of CRST International Inc., recently recognized an additional 17 drivers for completing at least 1 million accident-free miles. “I am proud to recognize these 17 men and women for their safety excellence,” said Cameron Holzer, president of CRST Expedited. “Senior leadership enjoyed the opportunity to meet with these million-milers, recognize their contributions and gain their direct insight on best practices in our safety-first culture.”
- Nathan Beilke, Oak Creek, WI, joined CRST in 2008, 1 million miles
- Rodrick Breedlove, Birmingham, AL, joined CRST in 2007, 1 million miles
- John Bruno, Orlando, FL, joined CRST in 2006, 1 million miles
- William Butler, Cordele, GA, joined CRST in 2009, 1 million miles
- Dottie Eberhart, Kansas City, KS, joined CRST in 2008, 1 million miles
- Matthew Hampton, Norwalk, IA, joined CRST in 2006, 1 million miles
- Heather Hill, Canton, MI, joined CRST in 2008, 1 million miles
- Robert Jones, Fort Payne, AL, joined CRST in 2005, 1 million miles
- Michael McCoy, Sacramento, CA, joined CRST in 2010, 1 million miles
- James Richardson, Houston, TX, joined CRST in 2003, 1 million miles
- Saul Cuzco, Chicago, IL, joined CRST in 1999, 2 million miles
- Jeff Ford, Long Beach, CA, joined CRST in 1995, 2 million miles
- Jermaine Moore, Baltimore, MD, joined CRST in 1995, 2 million miles
- Walter Plessen, Running Springs, CA, joined CRST in 2000, 2 million miles
- Luciano Ramos, Reseda, CA, joined CRST in 1997, 2 million miles
- Reginald Walker, Haleyville, AL, joined CRST in 2000, 2 million miles
- Gilbert Weekley, Paden City, WV, joined CRST in 1986, 4 million miles
CRST’s Dave Rusch to Retire Dec. 31; Hugh Ekberg Named President & CEO, Effective October 1
September 27, 2018
[download id="12075"] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: CRST Media Relations Team (800) 736-2778 firstname.lastname@example.org CRST’s Dave Rusch to Retire Dec. 31; Hugh Ekberg Named President & CEO, Effective October 1 CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (Sept. 27, 2018) – As part of CRST’s two-year succession plan, CRST International Inc.,one of the largest privately held transportation and logistics companies in the United States, today announced that Dave Rusch, current President and CEO, will retire effective Dec. 31. Hugh Ekberg, current COO and Group President, will become President and CEO, effective October 1. Rusch will remain in a full-time advisory capacity to John Smith, Chairman of the Board for Admiralty Holdings and owner of the CRST International family of companies, until Dec. 31, and will remain on the CRST board of directors going forward. After being a special agent for the FBI, and 10 years of increasing responsibilities in operations and finance for North American Van Lines, Rusch joined CRST Malone as vice president of operations in 1991. In 1998, Rusch was appointed president and COO of CRST Van Expedited. According to Smith, Rusch turned the Expedited operating company into a streamlined, operationally efficient and profitable entity within a short timeframe, earning him additional responsibilities and promotions. Rusch was named president and CEO of CRST International in 2010, following Smith’s retirement from that role.
- Successfully negotiating and crafting complex agreements to acquire the best transportation providers in niche markets, including Specialized Transportation Inc., the Special Products Division of Allied Van Lines, BESL Transfer Co., Pegasus Transportation Inc. and Gardner Trucking;
- Growing CRST revenues from a $300 million company to a $1.7 billion company;
- Positioning CRST’s future for success with the financial stability and profitability that is revered in the industry.
CRST International Honors Professional Driver Joseph Scherbring
December 19, 2017
Kimberly Maes Joins CRST International as President of CRST Logistics
November 29, 2017
CRST Expedited Inc. Recognizes Million Mile, Accident-Free Drivers for Safety Excellence
September 19, 2017
CRST International Announces Ekberg as CEO-Elect
March 30, 2017
Hugh Ekberg Appointed Group President/Chief Operating Officer of CRST International Inc.
September 20, 2016
CRST International Inc. Acquires Gardner Trucking Inc.
September 12, 2016
CRST Offers Veteran Apprenticeship Program for Drivers Using GI Bill™ Benefits
August 30, 2016